AFC Wimbledon Academy are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who are interested in joining our Academy as a Performance Analyst volunteer for the 2017/18 season.
Candidates will work closely with the Academy, and sometimes first-team, players and staff in a growing department and forward thinking club.
Roles & responsibilities will include:
• Videoing U21, U18 & schoolboy Academy matches.
• Clipping matches to include individual and team highlights.
• Adding & maintaining video packages on the club online Performance Management Application for players to access remotely.
• Creating objective individual and/or group reports based on the coaching programme to assist player development.
• Assisting or leading match analysis presentations to players or groups.
• Assisting with coach education with the videoing and editing of training sessions.
• Maintaining all Academy equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain some experience of real world scenarios, work with players and coaches in a professional Football club environment.
Successful candidates must be able to work to deadlines, have an understanding of match analysis, be at least a 2nd year undergraduate student, and have good subject knowledge on football and good communication skills.
Volunteers will be required to work every weekend on either Saturday or Sunday as well as some unsociable hours in order to complete set tasks.
Whilst positions are offered as unpaid, you will be provided with club kit, regular CPD training and bi-annual appraisals. Successful candidates who complete the year successfully will come away with a year of practical experience in a professional club, potential job opportunities and a reference to support a career in the industry.
To apply for a position please e-mail your CV & covering letter to email@example.com before the end of play today (Friday). Interviews will take place in late April.