Goalkeeper James Shea and AFC Wimbledon captain Barry Fuller will be joining manager Neal Ardley at Sunday’s Winter Wonderland in the heart of Wimbledon.
There will be an extra special treat for supporters who join us, as there will be an opportunity to take on Neal Ardley and also now the Dons last line of defence!
As part of our presence at the launch of the festive season in Wimbledon town centre, winners of our Foot Pool competition (photo) in various age groups from Under-12s to seniors will earn the right to face the manager in this growing pastime.
Click on Foot Pool
to view videos of what this entertaining game is all about, including Ryan Giggs and Martin Keown taking each other on!
The Tournament timetable is as follows:
• We’ll be running three different age group competitions: Under 12’s, Under 16’s & 16+ (Senior)
• Supporters will be timed on how quickly they can pot all the balls, with the top two in each age group going through to the Grand Finals.
• The winners of each age group will play against Neal, while second place will play against either James Shea or Barry Fuller.
• Times will be recorded for all to see.
• The last time anyone can play to enter the competition will be 3pm. At this point, we will have our winners and the Grand Final will commence, with the whole tournament finishing by 4pm.
• Winners will then get their photo taken with Neal, James and Barry.
As part of the annual festive tradition in Wimbledon, we will be spreading the word about our great club, thanks to our valuable partnership with Centre Court Shopping Centre.
You can celebrate the start of the festive season with your favourite football club in the heart of its community with club staff, management, players and Haydon the Womble in attendance.
Following the success of our pop-up shop before Wembley in May, we will also be selling 2017 AFC Wimbledon calendars inside the Centre Court Shopping Centre on the top floor.
There will also be a dazzling finale to the event with fireworks launched from the Centre Court Roof at 5.30 pm.