AFC Wimbledon Academy, like the first team, has risen to professional status over the past few seasons and now operates as a Category 3 Academy with teams from U7s - U21s.
The overall vision of the Academy is:
- Produce players regularly for the first team
- Create an environment that will allow players to fulfil their potential
- Become the strongest and most productive Category 3 Academy
- Create a nationally recognised pathway from Foundation Phase to first-team that will attract young talent
- In five years' time, for 25% of all first team appearances to be made by homegrown players
Principles of Play
The Academy's Four Principles of Play define the style of football our teams' play and provide the backdrop for our coaching programme throughout all age groups.
|In possession||Out of possession|
|High tempo possession based football||Making play predictable|
The Academy never stands still and we are always looking to improve our player development programme with the support of open minded, professional and driven members of staff.
The following positions are currently available:
AFC Wimbledon Academy
Player Profiles Find out about our current Academy squad
Academy Staff Find out about our Academy staff
Trials Find out how to be offered a trial with the Academy
Roll of Honour Find out about the players that have gone on to represent the first-team
Policies Find out about the Academy's policies, including welfare policies and codes of conduct