Keeping your personal data safe and secure is one of AFCW’s top priorities. This statement makes it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information.
When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to the personal data that AFCW collects and holds about you as a consequence of you using its official website, www.afcwimbledon.co.uk, and/or other services.
This policy does not apply to data held about our employees, volunteers or shareholders, or to membership of the Wimbledon Football Club Supporters Society Limited (“the Dons Trust”).
What types of personal data do we hold?
Information we hold about you may include any one or more of the following types of data:
- Account information: When you register with us in connection with any AFCW goods and/or services, the minimum information we will usually ask you to provide is your name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers and year of birth. We may also ask you for additional information depending on the service you are registering to use.
- Transactional information: When you purchase tickets, merchandise or other products from AFCW or from any other official offline sales channels, we will keep a record of your transaction, including what you purchased and when, and any information you provide us with to fulfil the transaction. This may include your name, billing information, telephone number and delivery address. We will not keep full payment card information.
- Information from you: If you contact us (by email, telephone or letter), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information you provide to us in response to a survey: We may occasionally contact you to ask for your feedback on AFCW products, goods and/or services so that we can make them better and more relevant.
- Information from other companies: We may use publicly available postal address lists and the edited electoral roll to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate. In addition, we may use this information, together with general market research information (for example, demographic information), to add to and enhance our fan database.
Where we hold your information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our official website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our official website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The purposes for which we use your information
- Contract performance: AFCW may use, as necessary, account information and transactional information data to complete any contract you may have entered into with us, including contracts for the purchase of tickets, merchandise and other products, and when we administer your online accounts. We also use this information to communicate with you and handle your enquiries regarding these contracts. If you order AFCW goods, products or services for another person (for example, match tickets for family or friends), we may ask you for their personal information, which we will use to provide the services you have ordered. Please ensure that you have the permission of any such other people before providing this information to AFCW.
- Recruitment: If you apply for a job with AFCW, we may use your information for the purposes of recruitment and selection, corresponding with you and equal opportunities monitoring.
- Legal obligations: AFCW retains records of all its financial transactions with you in order to comply with its legal obligations to maintain adequate accounting records. AFCW may use (and disclose) the information it holds about you in order to comply with any investigative demand, court order, or request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency.
- Marketing with your consent: If you consent to it, AFCW may contact you with news and offers from AFCW and its official sponsors and partners which we think may be of interest to you. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you can do by logging into your online account on the official website and changing your preferences.
- Other legitimate purposes: AFCW analyses information it holds about you in order to identify trends and preferences and to get a more informed picture of how AFCW fans are using its products and services. AFCW does this to make better strategic decisions about the club and its products and services so that it can improve the way it markets and provides products to you as an individual and to AFCW’s fanbase generally. AFCW may also use online usage information to administer and improve the function and content of the official website and to ensure that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device and browser, to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so and to keep our online services safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
- Group companies: Information held by AFCW may be used by AFCW plc, AFC Wimbledon Limited, AFC Stadium Limited, The Wider Interests of Football Limited and the Wimbledon Football Club Supporters Society Limited (“the Dons Trust”) for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Sponsors and partners: AFCW does not sell or share your personal identifiable data with our sponsors and partners, but we may: (a) share with existing and potential sponsors and partners aggregated/anonymised information which is based on personal information; and (b) if you have consented to receiving it, send you in our marketing communications information about products and services provided by our existing partners.
- Disclosures for legal reasons: AFCW may also disclose the information it holds about you to persons that have a reasonable need to know such information, if it believes in good faith that this is necessary to: (i) establish, exercise or enforce its legal rights, including contractual rights; (ii) defend itself against a legal claim; (iii) report a crime or prevent a crime; (iv) prevent harm to any individual or any property (including intellectual property, for example if you misuse images or videos or any other content AFCW makes available to you); or (v) prevent fraud (for example, payment card fraud) or for credit risk reduction.
- Business transfer: If AFCW sells or buys any business or assets, your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets so that they can carry out due diligence in respect of the sale or purchase, but only if AFCW has taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of that information.
How long do we keep your information?
AFCW will keep your information for as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. As a general rule, it will keep:
- its financial transactions with you for six years in order to comply with its obligations to maintain adequate accounting records;
- its contracts with you for six years so that it has appropriate evidence in place if there is a claim for breach of contract made within the statutory limitation periods;
- job applications for up to six months in case other suitable opportunities arise;
- your account information until you close or delete your account/profile;
- any market research we have undertaken (and which is not appended to your user account) for three years;
- any other information you post online for three years if it is on the official website; and
- online usage information for three years.
If any information falls into more than one category, then the longer storage period will apply.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you, and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy. Your rights, which we have summarised below, can be exercised in accordance with those data protection laws.
You have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- obtain, without undue delay, erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if AFCW’s processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it;
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances rather than having it erased;
- object to the processing of personal data in certain circumstances, for example if AFCW processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected;
- receive personal data which you have provided to AFCW in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit that personal data to another data controller, or have AFCW do so on your behalf where technically feasible;
- be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
- lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used with the supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, and the phone number is 0303 123 1113 (local rate).
We appreciate that many children are fans of football and/or sport generally. We therefore ask parents and legal guardians to supervise their children when they are online and that children under 16 do not submit personal information or content to AFCW, make purchases of AFCW goods, products or services, or take part in AFCW promotions or competitions, without the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
We encourage children under 16 to consult with a parent or legal guardian before submitting or requesting any content or information to/from us. Any users of our online services who indicate they are under 16 will be asked for a contact details of their parent or legal guardian so we can verify legal consent.
We will not actively market to children or pass on personal information to third parties for commercial purposes.
Some of the facilities or functions accessible through our online facilities are not intended to be accessible by children. We recommend that parental controls be put in place. Any children using our online facilities are confirming that they have received the consent of their parent or legal guardian to do so.
How you can contact us
If you would like to contact AFCW about this policy or any of the legal rights outlined in it, you can email the club’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to AFC Wimbledon at The Cherry Red Records Stadium, Jack Goodchild Way, 422a Kingston Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 3PB.