Coach wanted to join our friendly academy team
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join AFC Wimbledon’s academy coaching team.
With Wimbledon’s academy having gained category three status under the Elite Player Performance Plan, this part of the club is continuing to expand and it is a great opportunity to further your coaching career and be a valued member of our academy set-up (the picture above shows Wimbledon's full academy coaching team).
Below is a job description, along with responsibilities and the qualifications required for candidates:
Job title: AFC Wimbledon Academy – U12s Head Coach
Responsible to: Academy Manager, Head of Coaching, Lead Youth and Foundation Phase Coach
Location: Training venues in the New Malden area
Hours: 1.5hrs - 3.5hrs evening training sessions. 3 hours match days. Not including travelling time or planning.
Pay: Approximately £25 per session and £40 per match.
Job Purpose: To effectively coach and manage the academy’s U12s age group to the given schedule within the coaching and games programme. While always striving to help players achieve their learning objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. To plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions as required by the schedule of coaching
2. To assist coaching sessions as required by the schedule of coaching
3. To manage and coach an age-group on match days as required by the game programme schedule
4. Help players achieve their personal learning objectives
5. Always work within the academy’s coaching programme and philosophy
6. To effectively communicate with parents / guardians as required on an ongoing basis
7. Keep up to date records of player performance data on an ongoing basis
8. Report to the Lead Foundation Phase Coach on any matters of player development or progression
9. Attend all club in-house CPD days
- UEFA B License minimum
- FA Youth Award or working towards
- CRB Checked and Emergency Aid
Capabilities – Essential
·Excellent communication, manner and people skills
·A self-starter, motivated and hard working
·Organised and able to use his or hers initiative
·Professional and diligent
·Able to work well within a team
·Open minded and willing to learn
We will prioritise candidates with experience of working with academy standard players and with the correct level of qualifications for the position. Successful applicants will be invited to interview and then to run a trial coaching session with the age group.
.Academy JobCandidates should e-mail their CV and a covering letter before Friday, 25 January, by clicking on