Position for Women's & Girls Coach with Foundation
The AFC Wimbledon Foundation is seeking to recruit a Women’s & Girls Football Coach/Development Officer to join its team.
This position has become available due to the creation of the FA Women’s & Girls Retention Fund and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of this for the club in order to satisfy key parameters.
Main duties include the following:
• Creating a minimum of 12 new coaching sessions. Each will last for 10 weeks with the aim of achieving a minimum of 15 participants per session.
• Building strong links with both the London FA and Surrey FA Women & Girls Officers.
• Developing strong links with the AFC Wimbledon Ladies and Girls department.
• Providing and encouraging clear exit strategies to all participants into AFC Wimbledon Ladies & Girls teams and other local grass roots clubs.
• Recruiting and successfully utilising female role models where possible.
• Ensuring that all necessary monitoring and evaluation tools are kept up to date.
Other hours of work will also be necessary. It is likely that most of the new sessions will be run as after school clubs so candidates will need to be available from Monday to Friday (3.00 pm until 5.00 pm) (this is essential and please do not apply if you are not available at these times).
This role will initially be part-time, but there is a strong possibility of continuation of the position (subject to funding), and also opportunities of further similar work for the right person.
Candidates must be enthusiastic, energetic, and reliable with excellent communication skills and have previous experience of either playing women’s football, or coaching women and girl’s football to participants aged between 14 and 25 years.
Candidates also need to have a minimum FA Level 2 coaching qualification, be FA licensed, as well as hold up to date Safeguarding Children and Emergency Aid certificates. In addition, a DBS certificate must be obtained, as well as satisfactory references as part of the recruitment process.
A driving license and access to a car would be highly desirable but this is not a necessity.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to:
AFC Wimbledon Foundation
The Cherry Red Records Stadium
Jack Goodchild Way
422A Kingston Road
Alternatively, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday, 27th October 2014. Interviews will be held on Friday, 31 October 2014.
Please note that we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this role and if you haven’t heard from us by 29, Oct 2014, then you should presume that your application has been unsuccessful.