Do you think you can help shape AFC Wimbledon's future by spotting the next Will Nightingale or Alfie Egan?
If so, the AFC Wimbledon Academy would love to hear from you.
The Academy are looking for Volunteer Scouts to join the Talent Identification Department, unearthing hidden gems in our local leagues, with the ultimate aim of bringing them through the Academy to play for the first-team.
Main tasks and activities
• Be approachable, engaging, honest and trustworthy
• Use a range of communication styles and methods in appropriate ways (i.e. face to face meetings, phone, text & email)
• Recommend player to the Development Centre, as appropriate
• Show good coverage of fixtures within the area on a weekly basis.
• Develop a good understanding of the Academy Recruitment Strategy
• Produce match and player reports
• Relationship building with local clubs, organisations and other relevant recruitment sources locally
Scouts must be available to attend specified local league matches most Saturday and/or Sunday mornings.
Successful candidates should have:
• FA Talent ID Level 1 (Free online course)
• Fully Enhanced DBS - This can be obtained through the Club
• Full Driving Licence
• FA Level 1
Please note the selection process can be lengthy and not all applicants will receive replies.
Successful applicants will be given photo ID, Talent ID policy & a code of conduct to be signed off.
If you are interested, then please email us for more information and to register your interest by emailing Talentid@afcwimbledon.ltd.uk .
Please include the subject line 'Talent ID Scout' in your e-mail.
For more about the academy, including job vacancies, visit our designated academy section on the official website.