Employer: AFC Wimbledon
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Position: Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Salary: Dependent on experience, to be discussed at interview
Highest Minimum Qualifications: HCPC registered Physiotherapist
Closing Date: The deadline for applications is 2pm, Friday 20 July
Role Description: AFC Wimbledon are offering an exciting opportunity for a graduate physiotherapist to work in the Academy.
The role will involve:
- To manage the Academy Medical Department with regards to managing staff, injury protocols, EAPs and equipment
- To carry out pitch side first aid, injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation with the professional development phase players
- To organise rotas to ensure that all training sessions and matches across the academy (from U9s to development squad) are covered appropriately
- To deliver themselves deliver medical cover to schoolboy academy players on a weekly basis, and monitor & manage academy players’ injuries
- To determine and implement injury prevention strategies across all age groups.
- To keep up to date records of player injuries and to oversee the injury report, injury audit and medical section of the PMA
- To effectively communicate with the team managers/coaches regarding players’ injuries and fitness status
- To work with the Sports Science and Medicine Manager on the planning and implementation of player screenings and interventions
- To attend, as and when, appropriate meetings regarding key issues within the Academy. This includes Academy Management Team meetings and Academy Multi-Discipline meetings
- To report to the First Team Physiotherapist & Club Doctor when required regarding players injuries and referrals
The appropriate candidate will need:
- Minimum BSc in Physiotherapy with HCPC Registration
- ITMMIF / ATMMIF (preferable)
- Valid DBS Certificate (can be obtained through the club)
- Experience working in a sporting context
- Experience of working with youth players and good knowledge of adolescent injuries
Capabilities – Essential
- Excellent communication, manner & people skills
- A self-starter, motivated & hard working
- Organised & able to use his or her initiative
- Professional & diligent
- Able to work well within a team
- Open minded and willing to learn
How to Apply: To apply for the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. A completed application form and CV should be submitted by 2pm, Friday 20 July. Please clearly state in the subject line “Academy Lead Therapist”.
AFC Wimbledon is an equal opportunities employer.