AFC Wimbledon is looking for a new Head Chef.
This is a great opportunity for a Chef who is looking for the next step in their career. Responsibilities include managing the club's catering requirements for all hospitality and events, as well as the catering requirements at the training ground for the first team and academy.
• Manage and implement best practice for all health & safety procedures, including COSHH, HACCP, Pest and allergen control
• Requirement to meet catering budget with full responsibility of stock management, including control & purchasing
• Responsibility for the training and development of the catering team
• Understand budgets and provide ideas to increase profits appropriately
• Optimising the catering process to create efficiencies with staff hours and equipment use between the two sites (stadium and training ground)
• Liaise with first team staff to ensure player nutritional requirements are met
• Liaise with the company to ensure an effective running of the business
• Put passion in the food you serve and be a 'face' of the company
• Maintain a consistently high standard with all dishes leaving the kitchen
The ideal candidate
• Great interpersonal skills and thrive under pressure
• Must be able to drive and have own car
• Multi-skilled: able to meet a wide range of catering requirements
• Someone with a keen economic eye and supplier neutral, able to source the best deals for food purchasing
• A good level of proficiency with IT, including spread sheets and stock ordering
• Dedicated and motivated to succeed alongside the business
• Fresh food background is a must as we pride ourselves on using fresh & local produce
• A creative flair when implementing new ideas to seasonal menus
• You must be extremely passionate for food and providing an excellent customer experience
The salary will be commensurate with the necessary experience for this role
AFC Wimbledon is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to view the job description, then please call the club office on 020 8547 3528 between 9.30 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, or e-mail the club.
Applicants for the post should send their CV for the attention of the Chief Operating Officer at the club address, or e-mail before the closing date of 8 June.
If you wish to apply by post, the full address to send your application to is as follows: Chief Operating officer, AFC Wimbledon, The Cherry Red Records Stadium, Jack Goodchild Way, 422a Kingston Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 3PB.