The AFC Wimbledon Foundation are inviting children to take part in the Vitality Westminster Mile on Sunday 26 May.
We have 36 free places to represent The Dons in an event at Green Park where each London football club will be represented.
Young people aged 5 -11 are wanted to run for us on the day. It’s a fun run, rather than a race, and each child representing us will receive an AFC Wimbledon T-shirt and baseball cap to run in on the day. Organised by the London Marathon Trust, a number of celebrities are set to run with Mo Farah pencilled in and Blue Peter’s Radzi leading off the football wave.
The basic timings for the day are as follows:
- 9:30 - Vitality Wellness Festival opens in Green Park
- 11.00 - London United (all football club runners) to report to drop off point (map will be supplied)
- 11.45 - London Marathon Event staff escort runners from drop off point to start line
- 11.50 - Mass warm up on the Mall for runners
- 12:00 - London United Wave starts
- 12:10 - First runners available for collection from drop off point
Parents / carers will receive one wristband permitting access into the drop off and collection point in the race pack, which will be sent out after the child is registered on the LME portal. In addition to the race pack, full instructions, map etc. will be sent out by email to every participant about two weeks before the event. After the race everyone will have access to the Festival area from where you can arrange for children to leave with parents / carers and / or accompany those back who you are taking charge of.
Registration is via the event website and please inform us by e-mail of your child’s name – we have limited spaces on a first come, first served basis.
You would need to click on AFC Wimbledon as the representing club and registration must be before Tuesday 30 April.
For further information, contact the Foundation office or e- mail email@example.com