Another match has been added to AFC Wimbledon’s pre-season schedule with a friendly game at Wexford FC on Saturday 29 June (2.00 pm kick-off).
The fixture was today approved by the Football Association of Ireland and it will take place at Ferrycarrig Park, on the outskirts of Wexford town.
Wexford currently play in the League of Ireland First Division with new manager Brian O'Sullivan aiming to revitalise a club that won the title back in 2015.
Known then as Wexford Youths, the club was forced to liquidate and Wexford FC was reformed. In a story that will resonate with Dons supporters, the Wexford Supporters Trust was formed in September 2017.
Former Republic of Ireland striker Kevin Doyle is a local football hero as he started his career with Wexford Youths and last year centre-back Ryan Delaney transferred to League One Burton Albion from Wexford.
Ticket prices for Saturday’s match are as follows:
Concession (OAP’s/Students) €6
Under 12’s €2
Ferrycarrig Park is approximately 5km outside the town of Wexford, just off the Dublin Rd (N11), and there is plenty of car parking within the stadium confines. Wexford is easily accessible from Dublin down the N11 or is only 20 minutes by car away from the Rosslare Harbour ferry terminal. Rosslare is served by Stena Line (from Fishguard) or Irish Ferries (from Pembroke), both in South Wales. Visit the Wexford FC website for the exact location and directions.
AFC Wimbledon's pre-season schedule is as follows:
- 29 June (2.00 pm kick-off) - Wexford FC away
- 5 July (7.45 pm kick-off) - Brentford at home
- 9 July (7.45 pm kick-off) – Bristol City at home
- 12 July (7.00 pm kick-off German time) - Kaiserslautern away
- 13 July (3.00 pm kick-off German time) – Kickers Offenbach away
- 23 July (7.45 pm kick-off) – Met Police away
- 27 July (3.00 pm kick-off) - Hampton and Richmond away
- 30 July (7.45 pm kick-off) – Crystal Palace at home