With the club edging closer to that first match back at Plough Lane, Iain McNay caught up for a chat with a man who has played a key role in getting us back there - our Chief Executive Joe Palmer.
In an interview for Cherry Red TV, Dons Vice President Iain talked to Joe about a range of interesting subjects, including the following:
- Joe's upbringing, including working on his parents' fruit farm near Cambridge
- His passion for football, including having trials as a teenager with Royston Town!
- Time spent living in the South Pacific, dealing in black pearls!
- Setting up his own sports marketing consultancy business
- Working at Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine during a Civil War, and managing to boost ticket sales!
- Moving back to Plough Lane, thanks to the 'incredible motivation' by our supporters
- The 'huge challenge' of getting the new stadium built during very difficult times
Take a look at Iain's full interview below.