The Dons will tonight be aiming to make it two wins out of two in the EFL Trophy this season - and Glyn Hodges has called on those players selected to show they are worth a place in the team for our next league match.
Wimbledon face Brighton's Under-21s at Crawley Town FC (6pm kick-off) in the second group match of the season, the Dons having already secured three points in the competition with a 2-1 victory versus Charlton.
It was an impressive display that night (Adam Roscrow is shown above celebrating his goal with team-mates) and Glyn wants to see more of the same tonight.
"There are still players who need 90 minutes and we have big months coming up in October and November with lots of midweek games," said Glyn. "We need players to be fit and raring to go. After some of the mistakes that happened (on Saturday) they will be expecting to be pushing for a place in the team. I want to try winning games: controlling matches and looking like a team that expect to win. At the moment, we hope to win and we put things in place to win games, but we get our noses in front and then get pegged back."
For matches in the Trophy, EFL clubs must include at least four 'qualifying' players in the 10 outfield players named in the starting 11 on the team sheet.
A qualifying players means any player who:
- had started the immediately preceding first-team fixture
- subsequently starts the immediately following first-team fixture
- is in the list of 10 players at the club with the highest number of starting appearances in first-team fixtures in the same season
- has made 40 or more starting appearances in first-team fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same club or season)
- is on a standard loan from a Premier League club or any EFL club operating a Category One Academy
Supporters at home and abroad can access a live stream of tonight's game on iFollow. Match passes can be purchased for £10 by visiting the iFollow Match Centre and the game is also available to those fans with season passes. For anyone experiencing issues with accessing the service, please e-mail iFollow@efl.com .