Following his appointment as AFC Wimbledon's Head Coach, we caught up with Mark Robinson for an in-depth chat about his life and coaching philosophies.
Having worked outside football for many years after being released as a player by Fulham, it's been a far from conventional route to the top coaching job at AFC Wimbledon, a club that is close to his heart after joining us in 2004.
The extensive 25-minute interview includes Robbo on the following:
- Starting at Wimbledon after a chance meeting with our former youth coach Tony Wilson
- Coaching AFC Wimbledon's Under-9s back in 2004
- Building an academy culture that led to memorable FA Youth Cup runs
- What it means to be appointed as Head Coach
- His role as our Head Coach and what that entails
- Revitalising fellow staff and players on a day-to-day basis
- Developing an identity that will lead to prolonged success at Wimbledon
To watch Rob Cornell's full interview with Robbo at Plough Lane, click on the link below.