As a fans-owned club, volunteers have been integral to AFC Wimbledon’s rise and the Dons Trust has created a new role for the right person to make an important contribution to our remarkable story.
Volunteer role: Professional Don Volunteer Manager
Reports to: Rick Thomas
Days: Approximately 5hrs a week
Time Period: Six months minimum
Date issued: 22 February 2021
THE DONS TRUST
- The Dons Trust are the owners of AFC Wimbledon.
- Our strength is that we are fans owned. And we need you to help us reach our full potential.
This role is part of the central volunteer team. The team aims to coordinate the Dons Trust volunteering programme and ensure we fill the needs of across several organisations connected with AFC Wimbledon and the experience of volunteers is both fulfilling and rewarding.
All our volunteers are ambassadors for the various bodies that are associated with AFC Wimbledon, including the likes of the Dons Trust, AFC Wimbledon, AFC Wimbledon Ladies, AFC Wimbledon Foundation, Wimbledon in Sporting History, and We Are Wimbledon Fund. This role is essential to the development of all of them. It will involve gathering the needs from across the six and matching them to the skill sets of our volunteer pool and putting forward the most suitable individuals.
- Create, run and maintain a robust volunteer request system for the benefit of all the senior staff of those bodies
- Create and run an effective system to support the pastoral needs of volunteers
- Ensure that excellent volunteer work is highlighted and acknowledged as appropriate – a new internal comms system will be place soon to help
- Develop and maintain a group of volunteers that feel part of a supportive team
- Deal with conflicts and discipline issues that might arrive promptly and professionally, in line with policy.
- Attend regular virtual meetings with the wider volunteer management team
- Use the My Impact volunteer system: to input new professional volunteers into the system, and to match the appropriate volunteers to tasks requested
- Identify individuals who may be able to help coordinate sub-sets of professional volunteers (eg lawyers, designers)
- Produce monthly reports and learnings for the Dons Trust Board (DTB)
- Liaise and feedback between the DTB and the volunteers
- Continue to look for and share best practice
By September 2021, the successful candidate will have placed 30 professional volunteers across the various bodies.
By December 2021, to have set and achieved a ‘healthy’ retention rate for our Professional Don volunteers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Skills and qualifications
- Experience of volunteer management
- Experience of using databases
- Excellent project management skills
- A commitment to fan ownership
- A commitment to Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Friendly and approachable
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
- Experience of My Impact software
- Conflict management experience
- Presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY