We are delighted to reveal more details about the extra special event on Saturday to mark the one-year anniversary of Dons Local Action Group.
Hosted by John Scales (pictured above), a member of Wimbledon’s 1988 FA Cup winning squad, and Julia Lalla-Maharajh OBE, from 7.30 pm, a fantastic schedule has been put together by DLAG’s volunteers and its partners.
After introductions by DLAG co-founders, the show will include the following:
- A live example of DLAG’s work in the community - from Tesco’s, New Malden!
- Details of a competition to design the next Dons Local Action Group T-shirts with school children taking part from local schools
- Auction updates with prizes including Hospitality at a future Dons game, tickets to Prime Minister’s Question Time, and a guided tour of the All England Club. See our previous update for more.
- A live stream of the sponsored walk finish with youngest fundraisers Edward and George (aged 4 and 5) crossing the finish line in their month-long marathon adventure. They have already raised over £3,000!
- The 2021 Food Box Challenge with volunteers competing to be the quickest!
- Celebrity and volunteer vox-pops
- An insight from the Tooting Community Kitchen!
The event on Saturday will be streamed live on You Tube and the event is open to all: volunteers, friends, families, and the wider community.