The Dons Local Action Group is celebrating its one-year anniversary with an online event from Plough Lane on Saturday – and as part of this there will be an auction with unique prizes up for grabs.
Starting on Thursday 18 March, the auction culminates after the event, and includes the following fantastic prizes:
- An opportunity to watch a future Dons match from ‘the best seats in the house’ at Plough Lane
- A guided tour of the All England Club with entry to the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum
- Tickets to Prime Minister's Question Time and lunch at the House of Commons
- Dinner with Dons hero John Scales at The Ivy
- Signed AFC Wimbledon shirts
- A chance to go behind-the-scenes by attending an AFC Wimbledon training day
These are just some of the amazing prizes on offer, thanks to the charity partners of the Dons Local Action Group and funds raised will be donated to continue the remarkable work in the community of this volunteer group.
The virtual event on Saturday will be co-presented by Julia Lalla-Maharajh OBE and John Scales. Julia is the Founder of the Orchid Project charity and John is an FA Cup Winner with Wimbledon in 1988. They will update us on DLAG's vision for the organisation and reflect on all of the achievements of this past year.
During the event, DLAG will be streaming its youngest fundraisers, Edward and George (aged 4 and 5), as they cross the finish line of their month-long marathon adventure. They have already raised over £3,000! There will also be fun challenges, a four-part film showing the evolution of the organisation and the outstanding work that has been doing for the last year.
The auction will be launched on Thursday, so keep an eye on the Dons Local Action Group website.
The event on Saturday will be streamed live on You Tube and the event is open to all: volunteers, friends, families, and the wider community.
One Year Together - Live stream
Stay tuned for updates via the DLAG Facebook event page and the website.
Spread the word! #OneYearOfDLAG