AFC WIMBLEDON is the leading fan-owned football club in the country. We are fans. We are owners. We are Wimbledon.
Now there's a great opportunity to be a part of our remarkable story by joining our team and providing assistance to our Head Groundsperson.
• Support with the upkeep and presentation of the clubs playing surfaces and maintaining to the highest standard including verges, artificial surfaces, hedges, car parks, paths and road side grass areas.
• Support with delivering the safe implementation of pest control, weed control, seeding, fungicide, fertilisation and nutrition programme for the playing surfaces.
• Ensure that the initial marking out and setting up of playing surfaces is to a high standard.
• Match day preparation to include set-up goals, flags etc. for scheduled matches at all venues and at all levels.
• Regular brushing/grooming 3G artificial surfaces using specialised equipment.
• Fully endorse, demonstrate and carry out AFC Wimbledon’s health and safety policy at all times compliant with all group policies and statutory regulations.
• Identify and report maintenance requirements or hazards within the workplace.
• Maintaining and upkeep of equipment and machinery on a regular basis, including storage areas.
The role will report direct into the Head Groundsperson and will need to assist the Head Groundsperson in the everyday running of the pitch and surrounding areas. The applicant must be hard working with the willingness to work as part of a team. The individual needs to be able to carry out medium to heavy manual work tasks in all weather conditions.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills.
• DBS checked or if not be prepared to complete an enhanced DBS check.
• Either EU Citizen, permanent UK resident or a foreign national with legal authorisation to work in the UK.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Interest in groundsman ship and turf grass maintenance.
The role will be offered on a permanent basis working 40 hours per week including match days, evening matches and weekends when required.
Salary: Up to £24K subject to qualifications and experience + bonus incentive
Closing date: 18th February 2022
If you believe you have the right skills for this position, please apply by sending an up-to-date CV with covering letter including salary expectations to Paul.Moran@afcwimbledon.ltd.uk
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. IF you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been selected for interview.
AFC Wimbledon is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
AFC Wimbledon is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults are risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group additionally expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.