AFC WIMBLEDON is the leading fan-owned football club in the country. We are fans. We are owners. We are Wimbledon.
As the Club moves to strengthen its Communications’ team we are looking to recruit a Marketing Executive.
The role involves managing a broad range of internal and external relationships, to ensure that content is aligned with the long-term strategy of AFC Wimbledon.
The role is based largely at the club’s newly built Cherry Red Records Stadium and reports to the CEO.
This is a unique opportunity to become embedded with the Club as we look to grow and achieve our aim of becoming the nation’s leading community football club.
Reporting to: CEO (Joe Palmer)
Liaison with: Dons Trust Communication Group
Main purpose of the role:
• Devise, develop and implement all marketing campaigns and long-term comms (such as notable anniversaries) and marketing strategies (including paid media)
• Work closely with department managers to provide promotional support to all income generating business units including ticketing, commercial, hospitality and events
• Help develop overall marketing and comms strategy
• Re-invigorate website, and Instagram and TikTok channels
• Plan, monitor and update marketing and comms content calendar
• Create and manage all club email communications
Find out more: Marketing Executive Job Specification
AFC Wimbledon is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
AFC Wimbledon is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults are risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group additionally expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.