A big thank-you to our supporters for backing the Club once again after we hit the 4,000 mark for Season Tickets sold including hospitality.
It’s yet another example of our fan base displaying the unwavering passion for Wimbledon that swept us through the divisions after reforming 20 years ago.
In response, we will be doing everything we can to reward your support by bouncing back at the first attempt as manager Johnnie Jackson leads us into a new era.
Bal Srai, our Revenue and Operations Manager, said: “We are very grateful to our supporters for displaying real loyalty to the Club. This will help to keep our playing budget competitive as we seek to push Wimbledon forward again.
“We are delighted to reach the 4,000 mark already and it would be fantastic to beat the amount we sold for last season.”
Watching the Dons at a packed Plough Lane every week was a dream scenario when we reformed two decades ago – and Season Tickets are still available to ensure that you’re a part of if all!
Despite inflation rising to a 40-year high, we’ve reduced the price of our cheapest adult Season Ticket to £375 for the Ry Stand Family Zone (and just £40 for 17 year olds and under).
Here’s how to get your Season Ticket:
- Visit the online ticket shop
- You will then see the season tickets header
- Select your seats through the seat map, then add to cart
- Confirm purchase by clicking ‘Buy Now’
- Select delivery method, box office collection or standard mail (please note cards will be sent out/ready for collection in July). If you request for tickets to be delivered please ensure we have your up to date address
- Choose your payment method, before completing your purchase
For help with getting your Season Ticket, or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, call 020 3988 7863 (lines will be open Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm). Or you can buy in person at the same times by visiting our reception.
For those planning on paying by direct debit, this option will no longer be available for online purchases. Instead, contact our ticketing team using the same details as above. The first instalment will now need to be taken as a card payment and this will be followed by nine monthly payments starting in August.