The countdown is on until a special Dons Local Action Group celebration - and supporters are invited to join in the fun.
On Sunday at Old Ruts Rugby Club, volunteers from the charity that has made such a vital contribution to our local community, will be joined by Johnnie Jackson, first-team players, and rising stars from our academy. This offers an opportunity to meet Johnnie and our players in a relaxed environment a month or so before pre-season training starts.
All are invited to DLAG's Family Fun Day that offers free entry until 2pm.
Dons Local Action Group co-founder Xavier Wiggins said: "This event is the focal point of the summer for DLAG volunteers, the community, Dons fans and players - all meeting up in the heart of the community.
"There will be so much to do for all the family, including bungee jumping, a football skills workshop, and magic shows. If people want to make a full day of it they can stay on into the evening for the RutsFest music event with 16 bands performing, plus a barbecue, and bars open."
Please note that people attending the RutsFest event (after 2pm) will have to buy tickets (more details further down this page).
Raffle with fantastic prizes
A wonderful array of prizes are up for grabs on Sunday, including the following:
- 2 x Brands Hatch Touring Car Driving Experiences (worth £600 each)
- Fortnum & Mason Celebration Hamper with glorious treats and wine
- 12 month gym membership to SNAP 24/7 Gym
- Cannizaro Hotel Hotel du Vin - voucher for £120
- AFC Wimbledon hospitality box at an available fixture, including food worth £1,500
- Pair of training session spectator tickets to watch the Dons being put through their paces, plus lunch with the players
- Jackdaws Castle Racing Stables visit for four people and a champagne breakfast with Jonjo O'Neill, plus a look behind the scenes, including meeting equine stars and watching horses in the equine swimming pool.
For more details, including the full list, visit the DLAG website.
About Dons Local Action
Dons Local Action launched in March 2020 and is now a registered charity fighting the effects of poverty in south west London. In the last three years the group has collected and distributed food for over 5,000,000 million meals, as well as 3,000 laptops for those in digital poverty, and hundreds of items of furniture for households in need.
Take the plunge for charity this Sunday!
A charity bungee jump promises to be a lot of fun and it will be for a great cause too as Dons Local Group aims to raise £50,000 for its fantastic community initiatives.
For more information, visit this webpage .
Address for Sunday's event
Old Ruts - Clubhouse, Poplar Road, London,SW19 3JS.