Our second Test Event against Scunthorpe United is just under two weeks away and from today all fans will be able to reserve their spot at Plough Lane for the big day.
First though, it is ESSENTIAL we stage – and pass – this crucial Test Event on 31 July when we will be playing Scunthorpe United in a pre-season friendly.
To pass, we must fill our showpiece West Stand with 4,000 fans and prove to the Safety Advisory Group that we can host a match to the standards they demand. If we fail to hit as close to that number as possible then our proper homecoming could be delayed once again.
It really is that important – so please do your best to attend.
Assuming 4,000 fans attend, and all goes well, we will then only have one more Test Event to pass – and the great news is that can be our opening home game of the season against Bolton Wanderers on 14 August in front of a near-capacity crowd.
Although the majority of Covid restrictions have been lifted as per the guidelines announced on Monday, we kindly ask fans to adhere to the following protocols required for this Test Event.
We’d like to remind everyone of the following rules:
- Please ensure that you wear a face-covering whilst in internal areas such as the concourse and toilets. It is optional to wear a face-covering whilst seated in the stands
- Fans will have the option to scan a track and trace QR code upon arrival to the stadium as we look to reduce the spread of the virus – this is not mandatory requirement in order to enter the stadium
- Fans will be asked to agree to Supporters Code of Conduct prior to being able to download their tickets. Please do take the time to read these guidelines as they are specific to this Test Event. In particular you will be agreeing to the following:
- If you display Covid-19 symptoms 48 hours prior to the test event you will not attend the match
- You will not attend the event if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days
- You will not attend the event if you have been required to self-isolate
We encourage all fans to take a lateral flow test 48 hours prior to the event, however, it must be stressed that you will not have to provide a negative test result in order to gain entry into the stadium. We are all concerned about the number of asymptomatic carriers or mildly symptomatic people in the community therefore this will help to keep everyone safe both inside and outside of the ground.
- Due to this Test Event only being focussed on the West Stand, there will be no zones. Fans will access the stadium via two gate entrances, GATE 1 from the south end of the stadium (Plough Lane end) and GATE 2 at the north end of the stadium (Garratt Business Park end).
- Fans will be required to enter the stadium via their preassigned entrance at a designated time slot. The stadium map and entry times will be released a week prior to the event.
- Although fans are not required to social distance whilst seated in the stands, we advise fans to keep a moderate distance between parties whilst walking throughout the concourse area.
Cost of the tickets: The tickets for this event are free and simply require reserving.
Seating arrangements: This Test Event will be a full capacity match in the West Stand ONLY. To optimise the number of people we can get into the stadium; you will not be able to sit in your specific season ticket seat. We will use software that will allocate people to optimise the capacity.
Who can attend and who you can book for: All fans are eligible to attend this Test Event. There will be no priority groups to reserve your seats.
How many seats can you book: The maximum number of seats you can book under one booking will be 12 seats. To book for other people under your booking they will have to assigned to your friends/family connections first prior to booking.
Food and drink: Food and soft drinks will be available in our first floor concessions on the day via contactless card payments only.
Hospitality Seats: All hospitality season ticket holders will have priority to book and will be contacted directly by our commercial team by Friday 23rd July. Following this date, available seats will be made available for general release. Food and drink will be available to purchase in hospitality via contactless card payment only on the day.
Accessible seating: We will ask anyone who wants to book a wheelchair seat or seating with a companion seat to email our ticket office at email@example.com with their requirements. These seats will not be bookable online.
How to contact us: If you are having any issues with booking or have any questions regarding the Test Event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.
Please note that our phone lines are extremely busy therefore contacting us via email is the best way. We will be able to arrange a call back or provide a simple resolution by responding.
Reserve your seat
To book your place simply log in to your ONLINE TICKETING account and click on your special offer on the home page.